Private equity firms and private investors engage in a wide range of complex transactions. Negotiating terms in these deals is vital, as the right set of terms could be the difference between a healthy profit or a devastating loss for the investment. Most private equity firms hire private equity lawyers to assist with these transactions, along with other matters related to funding and investments.
Some of the private equity transactions that a lawyer can help negotiate terms for include:
- Add-on acquisitions
- Minority and growth investments for private equity sponsors
- Going from a public to a private company or vice versa
- Private equity company sales
- Company acquisitions by private equity buyers
- Co-investments between institutional investors and private equity sponsors
- Rollover of equity during sales
- Debt financing
- Recapitalizations and restructurings
At the Law Office of Bradley Byars, we assist our private equity clients in negotiating the terms of private equity deals. Contact us today to learn more.